This is a one day course that will focus on shooting techniques and problem solving when the student is ambushed or taken by surprise at close range. This course blends the use of a pistol with edged weapons, strikes / combative techniques, and other defensive tools. Techniques for maintaining control of and employing a firearm during a struggle will be taught. Ultimately, students will develop their own defensive plan based on their everyday carry and equipment loadout.
Attendance in Defensive Pistol 1 is not a requirement for this course, but prior training is recommended.
Students should expect to shoot up to 500 rounds during this course. Topics will include:
- Shooting from Positions of Disadvantage
- Weapon Retention / Combatives Techniques when attacked from ambush at close distance
- One-Handed Malfunction Clearing
- Effective Use of Cover and Concealment
- Communicating with Responding Emergency Personnel and Law Enforcement
- A pistol (semi-automatic or revolver) in good working order
- Two or more spare magazines or speed loaders for your firearm and a storage method for them such as a magazine pouch
- A training knife (if student possesses one)
- A strong side belt holster for your firearm*
- Approximately 500 rounds of ammunition for your firearm
- Cleaning supplies and tools for your weapon
The length of this course will be approximately 8 hours.
Students should expect to shoot up to 500 rounds.
* Shoulder holsters, small of the back holsters, and cross-draw holsters WILL NOT BE ALLOWED on the range without prior approval due to safety concerns.