This is a one day course that will focus on shooting techniques and problem solving when the student is ambushed or taken by surprise at close range. This course blends the use of a pistol with edged weapons, strikes / combative techniques, and other defensive tools. Techniques for maintaining control of and employing a firearm during a struggle will be taught. Ultimately, students will develop their own defensive plan based on their everyday carry and equipment loadout.
Attendance in Defensive Pistol I is not a requirement for this course, but prior training is.
Students should expect to shoot up to 500 rounds during this course. Topics will include:
- Georgia Law
- Use of Deadly Force
- Shooting from Positions of Disadvantage
- Weapon Retention / Combatives Techniques when attacked from ambush at close distance
- Use of Edged Weapons
- One-Handed Malfunction Clearing
- Effective Use of Cover and Concealment
- Target Transitions\
- Shooting while Moving
- Communicating with Responding Emergency Personnel and Law Enforcement
Students should bring:
- A pistol (semi-automatic or revolver) in good working order
- Two or more spare magazines or speed loaders for your firearm and a storage method for them such as a magazine pouch
- A training knife (if student possesses one)
- A concealment garment
- A strong side belt holster for your firearm*
- Approximately 500 rounds of ammunition for your firearm
- Safety glasses
- Magnified hearing protection
- A hat
- Cleaning supplies and tools for your weapon
Students should expect to shoot up to 500 rounds.
* Shoulder holsters, small of the back holsters, and cross-draw holsters WILL NOT BE ALLOWED on the range without prior approval due to safety concerns.