Private Lessons are perfect for new shooters, people who are thinking of purchasing their first gun, children who need lessons in gun safety, or shooters who want to work on a specific skill area. Private Lessons are conducted at the Athens Gun Club, and focus on developing the student's skills through 1-1 or small group interaction with the instructor. Training is conducted at the shooter's pace and covers any topic that interests him or her. Examples of the course content include:
- Firearms Safety
- The Fundamentals of Shooting
- The law concerning use of force in defense of habitation, self, and others
- Defensive mindset and awareness of your surroundings
- Parts and operation of Revolvers and Semi-Auto pistols
- Pistol and ammunition selection
- Care and maintenance of your firearm
- Working from the holster / concealed carry fundamentals
If a student wishes to complete the practical portion of the NRA Basics of Pistol Shooting course during the private lesson, they may do so. Contact Us to arrange this addition to the course.
Pricing is set as follows:
3 Hour Blocks (best value):
- 3 Hour Lesson for One Shooter: $150.00
- 3 Hour Lesson for Two or More Shooters: $125.00 per person
- $60.00 / hour for a single shooter
- Additional shooters may be added to the lesson for $30.00 each
SPARROW DEFENSE provides training materials, firearms, and ammunition in .22 caliber.
STUDENTS are responsible for all range fees, targets, and ammunition for their pistols or rental guns that are not .22 caliber.
Private Lessons: By design, private lessons for new shooters are an all-inclusive package and generally include the use of our weapons and rental guns. Students should confirm this when scheduling a private lesson.
Online Payment: You have the option of paying in full or paying the a deposit to hold your slot in the class. Please select the appropriate option. When making a deposit, understand that the balance of the course fee will be due on the morning of the class.
Shipping Field: There will be a "Shipping Fee" added to your order at Checkout. This fee will cover the processing fees from using a credit card. To avoid the "Shipping Fee" you may send us a paper check or money order for the amount at our mailing address: Sparrow Defense, PO Box 723 Watkinsville, GA 30677.